It’s always hard to have a month long theme because eventually it comes to an end. At least, it’s hard for me because then I’m left wondering what the theme should be. Thank goodness I have some amazing followers who help me with the theme sometimes; otherwise, it would be much harder.
I received an email from Karuna at Living Learning and Letting Go, asking for some help. She wants to post a specific song and asked me to propose a theme that fits the song. That’s usually how I come up with the themes, so it’s only fair that I allow you guys to do it sometimes. The only problem is, I’m not sure if I’m going to get it right for her.
She gave me lots of good information, but I’m thinking there are many different ways I could go. So, in the effort of making things easy for everyone (hopefully) and hopefully giving her what she needs, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song about respect.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.