I know I’m late in posting this today, but I started watching a movie and completely forgot about the blog. Does anyone else find the need to watch all the Oscar nominated films of the year? I find myself trying to do it every year, but this is the first year that I feel genuinely interested in each film; it just sucks that most of them weren’t on DVD when the Oscar nominations were announced.
That being said, I forgot how depressing they can be. Depressing, but inspiring as well. We watched Hacksaw Ridge last night and just finished Manchester by the Sea. I have to admit to being completely wrecked by both films, but in entirely different ways.
Not that it has anything to do with this week’s post. I just wanted to give some sort of reason why I’m so darn late today.
Anyway, onto the theme. As you all know, we’ve been exploring love and this is our last week. I suppose I might just be going all “Oscar nominated movies” on you, but I think it sort of fits.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song about losing someone you love.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.