I was never so happy to see February as I was this year. I don’t have anything against January, but this one just seemed really dreary, and I felt like I was drowning in it. I can’t tell you how happy I am that the first few days of this month have been sunnier and warmer. Personally, I think our song prayers worked last week.
I’m not huge of celebrating something just because a certain day says I should (Valentine’s Day), but it is nice to celebrate love. So, I’ve decided it would be a fun over-all theme for this month, but rather than just posting songs about love randomly, I think we should work through the stages of love.
Which leads us to the theme. Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song about your first crush, or just a crush, or seeing someone for the first time and falling into that gooey abyss of butterflies and blushing. You get the drift.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.