As you know, I love music a lot, and I’m so happy I started this blog prompt because there have been times (this week for instance) it was the only thing that brought me to my blog. I honestly love everyone’s contributions each week and am so excited I stuck with it.
This week was pretty gloomy. There was one point where the sun peaked out of the clouds for a few minutes and I sat and felt the little bit of heat and the light and thought my heart would burst. It didn’t last long, but those few moments sure were nice. Today was the first day in a while where the sun stayed out all day. It was pretty damn cold, but I honestly needed the sun, so I didn’t complain too much about the cold that came with it.
I’m sure you’re wondering what all that has to do with our prompt, but as I’m sure you’re maybe guessing, it has everything to do with it. Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to celebrate the sun. You can interpret it any way you’d like through music, meaning you can even post a song that only has the word “sun” in it, or really any other way you can fathom.
Easy? Well, I hope so, But, as always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
If you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.