Hello all, this is Dlrands/Lorrie, and when Helen asked if I would be willing to guest blog this week, I jumped at the opportunity. As some of you might know, I am her sister, and I love sharing in Song Lyric Sunday. I am not the writer that Helen is, I can write a pretty descent history essay though, so I hope you will all bear (bare?) with me.
This week has been a roller-coaster of emotions, I think Helen will agree with that, and it got me to thinking about what makes me feel better. Ironically when I asked my family what the theme should be this week it seemed to fit perfectly with what I have been feeling. I have always included in family when I post submissions, so it only seemed right to ask their opinion on this as well.
So the theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song that makes you feel better. I am sure that Helen has done something similar to this already, but I think we can all use a pick-me-up from time to time. I realize how open this is, but I think it will be interesting to see what you all come up with.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.