I had all these plans about starting to post again, but I think I’m going to start back up again with the new year. There’s just something so refreshing about a brand new start, isn’t there?
I’m usually the one who doesn’t wait to start things (like diets or exercise programs) until a Monday or a new year. I’ve always said that if I’m set on starting something, I’m going to start it right this moment. Writing is one of those things that has been hard to get back into when I stop doing it for a while. It takes practice… but you do have to start somewhere.
Anyway, I know it’s a bit cliche, but I’m okay with that. Hopefully you are too and we can all find some great music to share to start out our new year. Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song about new beginnings.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.