Another week has come and gone and I’m still struggling to get back into this blogging thing. I’m thinking it won’t fully happen this year… considering we won’t be closing on the house until the second week in December, and the very next week I have surgery. I’m not sure I’ve shared that bit of news, but it’s nothing too terrible. Just something that has needed to happen for a while, but is, admittedly, coming at a not so great time.
Even crazier, we are planning to get married the first week of January… did we maybe stack too many things all together? Probably… But when you’re on a roll, might as well get everything done, as long as you can survive it all.
Which leads me to this week, somehow. I know it may seem cheesy, but the whole idea of celebrating Thanksgiving is to give thanks. I love eating as much as the next person, but I really love the idea of spending your life being grateful for what you have. I’m also of the opinion that it is a spiritual path worth following.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song about gratitude.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.