I had a different theme going for this week, but right in the middle of it I realized that it’s Halloween! and I can’t pass up the opportunity to post a pretty much freebie theme.
I love Halloween, not for the dressing up and the candy, but for the scary stories. I love watching scary movies. I love that I still scream at jump scares, and I still get so spooked after watching a scary movie that I have to turn on the lights in each room I walk into. I’ve also found myself running down the stairs because I was scared something was going to jump out of the closet and attack me.
It doesn’t make sense, why I like the scary stuff so much, but I do.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a scary song. I don’t necessarily want it to be stereotypical of Halloween, but I do want to be creeped out either by the lyrics, the music and/or the title. So, go explore, my friends and we’ll start Halloween off early this year!
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.