My plan for yesterday was pretty limited – do the laundry, go grocery shopping, finish a book. I was well on my way to finishing the book when the author finally revealed one character’s back story. I’ve posted before how sometimes the smallest thing can take you to a dark place hidden in your tragic memories. I have a memory that is similar to what was revealed about the character, and as much as I tried to separate reality from the story and/or the memory, I just couldn’t.
I decided to step away and listen to the music that my fellow bloggers and family posted for Song Lyric Sunday and I was not disappointed. I found myself laughing and crying and, while still feeling the sticky cobwebs of the past, I was able to step back into this moment.
So, I wanted to take some time today to say thank you to everyone who follows my blog prompt every Sunday. Music and lyrics are powerful and have impacted my life in many ways. I love sharing those memories and my favorite music with you and all of these amazing people each week. If you haven’t checked out these blogs, I highly encourage you to do so.
I also wanted to give you a playlist of songs that can help pull you out of a dark place. You never know when you might need it, and I can tell you that it works (from first-hand experience). I hope you enjoy!
- My sister doesn’t have a blog but she posted All of Me by John Schmidt and I believe by Joe Satriani.
- Willow posted White Flag by Dido
- Bee Halton posted Walk Through Walls by Kyla La Grange
- KG posted Masterpiece by Jessie J
- Lynn B posted Sowing the Seeds of Love by Tears for Fears
- Karuna posted Pen Pineapple Apple Pen
- Sadie posted I’m down by The Almost
- Chosenperspectives posted Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
- My Frilly Freudian Slip posted Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac
- My rather strange contribution was I Don’t Love You by My Chemical Romance