It’s hard to believe it’s Saturday again and time for your Song Lyric Sunday theme. I have to say that I’m exhausted today and I had the hardest time thinking of one. I was ready to throw it and just tell you all to go your own way, but then I decided to reach out to my sister for ideas. She ended up giving me way too many choices, but one of her contributions is a theme that is near and dear to my heart.
Before I give you your theme, I wanted to say that the coolest part about this for me is that my sister and her family started to play along. So, not only have I found music lovers here in the blog community, I’m able to share my love of music with one of my best friends in a fun, new way. She’s been playing along for a while now, so if you want to check out her picks each week, she can be found in the comments as “dlrands” since she doesn’t have a blog of her own.
Music is such an emotional experience for me. My fiance says all the time that music can change my mood and that I should always listen to music. I love it when I’m in a really bad mood and I hear a song that makes me smile and I end up forgetting why I was upset to begin with.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song that helps pull you out of a dark place.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.