Perhaps I was premature last week when I proclaimed, “I’m back”, or maybe it’s just really hard to get back into the swing of things after being gone for so long. I’m thinking it might be a combination of the two, but either way, I’m at least keeping up on Song Lyric Sunday.
I was inspired by my son today. I was driving him to get a haircut and he started playing a band that, when I first heard them, I really didn’t like them. But they’ve grown on me and now, I jam right along with him when he plays their music. I also enjoyed the hell out of the band when I took Jaxon to see them in concert this summer.
So, our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song you fell in love with that you didn’t expect to like. Maybe it’s a type of music you used to turn your nose up at, or maybe it’s a band or singer you prejudged without listening to them first (I’m so guilty of this). I can’t possibly be the only one…
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.