The week’s are flying by. When I said I needed a break, I never would have imagined it would be dragging on this long. But, I’m so happy I decided to keep doing Song Lyric Sunday. It gives me something to look forward to, even if it has been difficult to keep up with visiting everyone’s blog (I ‘m still planning to visit all the posts from last week).
This week, I didn’t have anything picked, which is why it’s taken me so long to post today; that and the fact that I’m sharing a computer with my son and it’s hard to get the time in. Luckily, he has other things he loves to do. 🙂
I ended up sort of cheating with the theme. I picked the song first, and then picked a theme to go along with it. I hope it works out for everyone, but sometimes coming up with the theme is easier when I have a song in mind.
Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song you love that falls in the category of “singer/songwriter”. Some of my favorite songs fall into this category, so I’m hoping to find some new, great music in your posts.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.