Time is just flying by! I guess that happens when you are so busy. I almost feel like every waking moment is taken up with talks of houses and cleaning the house and work. I’m trying to really enjoy the times that aren’t about those three things, and Song Lyric Sunday is one of them.
The prompt I thought of for today is another one I’m sort of scared to use, but I figured we could all put up warnings if the songs are too explicit. Or, as always, you can just post something that doesn’t have anything to do with the theme. But, I’m getting ahead of myself…
When I started expanding my music interests, I started noticing that there are a lot of songs out there about sex. I think the biggest one we all know is Greased Lightning from Grease. I used to sing that song as a kid and had no idea what I was singing until I became an adult. I don’t think it’s something we need to shy away from though… sex is a wonderful thing. Singers obviously aren’t afraid to sing about it, so I think we should give them a nod and get a little steamy this week.
Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song about sex. It can be as subtle or as blatant as you’d like, just make sure to post warnings just in case there are sensitive eyes out there.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at email@example.com.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.