I can’t believe another week has come and gone. I’ve been so overwhelmed with life lately, that I haven’t had much of a chance to keep up with the blog. However, I couldn’t miss Song Lyric Sunday!
I’ve been thinking a lot about music lyrics (obviously) and how they can sometimes say exactly what we are thinking but can’t put into words. I think they also help us feel emotions that sometimes aren’t very pleasant, but are, I believe, necessary for healing. I’ve debated using this theme, but I think it will be an interesting exploration.
Our theme for Song Lyric Sunday is to post a song that explores anger. (I know anger is a secondary emotion, so maybe that isn’t the best word choice, but I think it’s broad enough we should be able to come up with something.)
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Also, if you would like to suggest a theme, I am open to suggestions. Please either pop it in the comments or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song of your choice, whether it fits the theme or not
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.