I have a tendency to find bands and singers I like and only listen to those ones. My daughter opened my eyes to a much more diverse music library, but I still find myself falling back on the old “favorites” playlist. It’s nice, but I do love finding new music.
Also, I realized this week that my “favorites” playlist has to fit on a phone that is running out of space, so it’s pretty limited. My son reminded me this week of a band that I started listening to a few years ago and completely forgot about. When he played one of their songs, it was almost like discovering them again for the first time.
What about you? Are you stuck on the same singers and bands or do you branch out and listen to new things? Well, if you’re the type to listen to the same things, this one might be tough for you because for tomorrow’s Song Lyric Sunday, I want us to post new music (at least new for you). Post a song you heard recently for the first time and fell in love with.
While I have many times in my life when I don’t hear anything new that I like, I do find something on at least a monthly basis, so I’m thinking this one shouldn’t be too hard. 🙂
As always, feel free to post a song that has nothing to do with the theme. We’re all here to share music and have fun after all.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to the song you choose
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.