I can’t believe another week has passed. Most of my week was taken up with finishing a story I started a year ago. It was fun to write again, but I always manage to forget how much it consumes me until it’s finished.
I’m happy to say, though, that it’s Saturday and time to reveal the theme for us to use to share some amazing music!
I was speaking with my daughter earlier in the week and it suddenly hit me how much I miss her. She decided to stay in North Carolina and work during the summer, so this has been the longest she’s been away since she left for college.
Which leads me to this week’s prompt: Post a song about missing someone you love. Let’s let them know how much we miss them and can’t wait to see them again.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics, and most of all, having a great time!
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.