Music has different meanings for different people, but the one thing it can do is give a voice to things that need to be said; things that are hard to find words for. When I posted the Midnight Oil song a few weeks ago and found out it was a protest song, it got me thinking about how powerful music can be.
The power of lyrics and how they speak of things that are usually left unsaid leads me to the theme for this week. There are some crazy things happening in the world right now, and I feel like I’m constantly bombarded with either terrible news or really awful politics. I feel like speaking out in the form of music. It can either be a protest song or a song about surviving this crazy thing called life.
I hope that’s not too narrow of a theme, but I’m excited to see how each of you will interpret it. As always, feel free to post a song that has nothing to do with the theme. We’re all here to share music and have fun after all.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.