I have to tell you that this whole blogging prompt thing can be relatively time-consuming. Posting a favorite song is easy; it’s coming up with a theme and then a song to fit the theme that takes time. I have even more respect for those bloggers who do multiple prompts, or a whole month of them. It’s not an easy task, so thank you for making it easier for all of us to blog.
I’m not sure I would be posting today if it wasn’t for this blogging prompt, but I feel like I would be letting everyone down if I didn’t keep going, so here I am. I just hope you are enjoying your Sundays as much as I am. Thanks again to everyone who participates each week. It really is so much fun!
I’ve decided that the theme for this week is all about love. You know that whole saying, “They’re playing our song…”? Well this week, we are posting songs that make us think of those we love. It doesn’t have to be a lover, husband or boyfriend. It can be a best friend, or a sibling or a child. Just post a song that makes you think of someone you love.
Easy? I hope so. As always, you can post a song that has nothing to do with the theme. We all love music here, after all.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.