Last week was our biggest week here at Song Lyric Sunday – we had 13 posts in all, counting mine! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all those who are making this a success. I was hoping for this when I started last year, but I never could have imagined how much fun it would actually be. Sunday’s have become my favorite day of the week, thanks to all the amazing music I get to listen to. So, again, thank you!
It’s funny how a theme happens for me. I spent the first part of the week not thinking about it and when I actually tried to think about it, I came up blank. I even asked my son if he had any ideas, but he was less than helpful. It wasn’t until this morning that it actually came to me, and I’m excited about it. I hope you are too!
Don’t you hate it when you fall in love with a song or a type of music and when you go to share it with someone else, they laugh at you? When they say, “You like who?!?” Yeah, I hate that. I try to always keep an open mind when it comes to music. I think it helped me branch out far beyond what I even realized I was comfortable with and now, I love bands that I used to curl my nose up at whenever my brother would mention them. Oh, how we judge…
It didn’t happen over night, but I eventually found myself listening to my daughter’s music even when she wasn’t around. So, I say, give music a chance. 🙂
Which leads us to tomorrow’s Song Lyric Sunday Theme. I want you to post your guilty pleasure. That song, band, or singer you listen to that you couldn’t possibly admit to anyone? Well, we’re going to reveal them tomorrow. So, put your thinking caps on (or YouTube, if that helps) and let’s share some amazing music!
As always, you can choose something that has nothing to do with the theme. We are all here sharing music, no matter what it might be.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.