I’ve had this idea in my head for a few weeks, but other things have come to me that seemed like better ideas. But now I’m left with this one.
As many of you know, I started taking my daughter to concerts when she was thirteen. I loved those concerts so much. The nice thing was that she did all the research and would let me know whenever her favorite bands were going to be in town. I found through this process that I liked smaller venues much better than larger ones. With larger ones, unless you are up really close, you end up watching the big screens they have rather than the live band. It always makes me think I could just be sitting in the comfort of my own living room listening to them, rather than in a huge space full of people.
This all leads me to the prompt for your Song Lyric Sunday tomorrow. The prompt is: A song from the very first band you saw in concert. If you’ve never been to a concert, you can choose a song from a band you want to see in concert (and then I will highly suggest you make a plan to see them in concert as soon as possible). I’ve found that seeing a band in concert makes me love them even more.
As always, you can go your own way and post a song that has nothing to do with the prompt. We’re all here sharing our love of music and lyrics.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.