I know tomorrow is Father’s day, but I didn’t really think about that in terms of my theme until just a few minutes ago. I’ve sat here for a few minutes debating on whether or not to change it, but I think I will go with my original idea. After all, Father’s day is all about the start of summer, barbecues and spending time with family.
I feel like summer took forever to get here this year and I spent a few months just longing for the sun, the heat and being able to walk outside barefoot if I wanted to. I used to think of summer in simple terms like that. I suppose I still do in many ways.
Anyway, if you haven’t already figured it out, the theme for Song Lyric Sunday on June 19th is “Summer“. Pick a song that makes you think of summer, that has the word in the title or lyrics, or pick one of your own that has nothing to do with the theme. We’re all open to sharing and listening to new, amazing music. Most of all, just enjoy the process.
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.