When I first started my blog, I wanted to incorporate music somehow, but it took me a while to figure out how to do it. Considering my blog is mostly a writing blog, it was odd to think of suddenly posting music.
It was a while before I realized that many of the songs I love are more about the lyrics than the music, and at that point, Song Lyric Sunday was born. Thank you to everyone currently participating. I’ve listened to some new, amazing music in the past year (I think it really has been almost a year!) and I’m enjoying the hell out of it.
I tried a prompt post once before and I meant to keep doing it, but then I got lazy and it never happened. However, I think it’s time I separate my prompt post from my actual submission. That way you can prepare and not be as influenced by whatever choice I make.
So, without further adieu, your prompt for Song Lyric Sunday is “90’s Music“. I know that’s a broad theme, but I’m digging it. I hope you have revisit some great memories sorting through all the amazing music in that decade, I know I have.
(A quick note that pingbacks may not work for those of you who have “.wordpress” in your URL. Please make sure to check that your pingback worked. If it didn’t, please manually place a link to your Song Lyric Sunday submission in the comments.)
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- Please try to include the songwriter(s) – it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due and it’s honestly just a simple Google search
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Feel free to use the Song Lyric Sunday badge by copying it into your post or add it to your site to show you are participating.