This forest in May.
It haunts my whole life:
From sunrise to sunset
From dusk until dawn
I’m afraid to open my eyes
For fear of waking from the dream.
But is it a dream?
I rather think not.
I’ve been there, you see,
Lying tangled in grassy roots,
Basking in sun gleaming through branches…
Birds sing above me,
Piercing the silent wood.
Breathing deep, I fall
Further into bliss
#frapalymo is hosted by @FrauPaulchen and is translated by Bee on her blog Just Fooling Around with Bee. Today’s prompt is “all start with the same line: This forest in May. It haunts my whole life:”, from tomas transtromers poem “alcaic”.
Feel free to play along. Here are Bee’s suggestions:
- read the translation of @FrauPaulchen’s prompt
- write your English (German if you can/want to) poem on your blog and tag it with “English #frapalymo.”
- use the “English #frapalymo” picture if you want to
- set a link to the translated prompt here on Bee’s blog
- visit other links posted here and if you want to/can those posted with the hashtag #fapalymo on Twitter
- The Bee will post your link to the German #frapalymo and translate for you if you want to. Now go, create and have lots of fun!