I don’t know what it is, but I’ve been on a Country music kick lately. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that Jaxon listens to it a lot as I’m chauffeuring him around. It brings back some good memories of when I listened to nothing but Country.
This one isn’t so much Country as a Classic. (At least, that’s what I’m telling myself!)
For the record, I really hate fishing. But there’s just something about this song…. It’s not really about fishing at all (in my opinion). It’s about letting it all go to just spend the evening with someone you love “counting the stars” and “falling in love”.
There’s times we could all move a little slower and just take it all in. I think that’s why this song is still so amazing. Feel free to post a song about slowing down and enjoying life. It can be Country or any type of music you enjoy. Or, you can ignore the prompt and post whatever inspired you this week. We’re open to sharing music here, no matter what!
Lazy yellow moon comin’ up tonite,
shinin’ thru the trees,
Crickets are singin’ and lightning bugs
are floatin on the breeze
Baby get ready…..
Across the field where the creek turns back by the ole stone road
I’m gonna take you to a special place that nobody knows
Baby get ready…..OooooooOooo
You and me going fishing in the dark,
Lying on our backs and counting the stars
Where the cool grass grows.
Down by the river in the full moon light,
We’ll be fallin’ in love in the middle of the night
Just movin’ slow…
Stayin’ the whole night thru, feels so good to be with you…
Spring is almost over and the summer’s comin’
the days are gettin’ long
Waited all winter for the time to be right, just to take you along
Baby get ready…..
And it don’t matter if we sit forever and the fish don’t bite
Jump in the river and cool ourselves from the heat of the night
Baby get ready…..OoooooooOoo
You and me going fishin in the dark!
Please feel free to join Song Lyric Sunday with one of your own. We love sharing music!
Here are the “rules”:
- Post the lyrics to a favorite song or a new song you want to share
- I’ve started including who wrote the song. (I think it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due)
- Make sure you also credit the singer/band and provide a link to where you found the lyrics
- Link to the YouTube video, or pull it into your post so others can listen to the song
- Ping back to this post or my own Song Lyric Sunday post
- Read at least one other person’s blog so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process
Check out the new badge for Song Lyric Sunday! Feel free to start using it in your posts or add it to your site to show you are participating.